By us doing our part, we help you do yours
In this eco-conscious age, sustainability is one of the most important factors in any municipal construction project. Taking steps toward creating a greener skatepark will not only save you time and money related to maintenance, it also demonstrates a respect for our planet that you can be proud of for many years to come. In addition to the skateparks themselves, our business practices reflect our deep commitment to the environment in the following ways:
1. Practice ridesharing for site visits and meetings. 40% of our workforce carpools to our office on a daily basis.
2. All office materials are properly recycled.
3. Re-use all packaging/shipping materials that are sent us – to prevent the purchase of new shipping materials.
4. Send and store information electronically when appropriate – to avoid unnecessary printing of paper.
5. Practice waste prevention and purchase recycled products whenever possible.
Environmentally Responsible Planning
At Spohn Ranch, we design with a keen sense of green planning/building methods and environmental and social responsibility. We aim to create quality places that respect both the daily users and the environment.
Use construction methods that require less maintenance without cutting corners
- Proper soils testing & analysis
- Create a compacted base
- Engineered footings
- Steel edge protection
Design with sustainability in mind
Skateparks that hold up to the constant abuse delivered by skateboard trucks and BMX pegs, require less maintenance and provide a valuable long-term investment
Work with the site
- Preserve as much natural topography as possible
- Capitalize on natural elevation changes
- Let the site dictate the design
Incorporate local and recycled materials
- Get creative with fill material
- Integrate native planting & vegetation
Plan for water efficiency
- Design with proper stormwater management
- Incorporate landscaped areas, bioswales and bio-filtration islands
- Help remove pollutants from surface runoff water
Create integrated public spaces
- Inviting spaces encourage environmental stewardship
- Complement the surrounding area, instead of fighting against it
- Less concrete hardscape and more permeable surfaces